KAIZEN™ (Original Definition)
Typical Pain in a Service or Office Environment
- Has a lot of hidden Waste….
- Like searching, double filing, duplication of efforts, processes with long Lead Times, information ‘poor load’ or ‘overload’ etc,
Dissatisfaction felt by customers:
- services are seldom: ON Time, In Full, Error Free (OTIFEF) – to internal or external customers
Dissatisfaction to organization:
- Waste of resources: People, Space, Utilities, Material, Machines
- poor physical workplace management and defects in processes. No sustained efforts to drive continual improvements within service functions.
Lack of a productivity culture and need for building a KAIZEN™ culture!
- Lean Means 'More for Less'
- Lean Means 'Zero Waste Operations'
Value Added and Muda
How to ? The Four P‟s of Continual Improvement
4P broken into six TSM levels
Kaizen‟s Focus is on Waste Elimination!
Similar concepts….many TERMS..
• KAIZEN™ or Gemba KAIZEN™
• Lean Manufacturing/ Lean Thinking
• World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
• Toyota Production System (TPS)
• Waste Free Manufacturing
• Flexible Manufacturing
• Structured Lean Integrated Manufacturing - SLIM
Benefits of KAIZEN™ Implementation In Service/ OfficeS